Sunday, March 20, 2011

So what did you do over spring break?

I painted two bathrooms and went to San Francisco in between :)

I am so glad to have the bathrooms painted. That is something that has been hanging over my head since we moved in. In my typical "I can do anything" mentality, I unrealistically assumed that we would be able to paint both bathrooms, plus the living room ceiling, plus the kitchen, plus the master bedroom on closing day. Obviously, that was not a realistic expectation, and we only got to the living room and kitchen that day. We painted the master bedroom the following week, and the bathrooms have just been hanging over my head for nearly 3 months, waiting to be painted.

We got up early last Saturday, and were done with painting the guest bathroom by lunchtime! Yeah! Gotta love small rooms.
























Paint color look familiar? Like, maybe the kitchen color? Well, not quite. Its the same color, but I had them mix it 50% lighter this time around. Its a bit more serene and not so "in-your-face" teal.









































Halfway through painting, after much debate, I had to break the bad news to Nick: I wanted to paint the ceiling (you know he especially loves painting ceilings).

I am so glad we painted the ceiling. It makes the room look so much taller because your eye doesn't abruptly stop when it hits the white ceiling. Now that I see how much better it looks, I want to paint every ceiling.

So after checking painting the guest bathroom off our to-do list, we hopped on a plane and headed to San Francisco for a week with my family:










































Lots of fun was had by all, although it was cold and rainy most of the time, which is definitely not my favorite type of weather!

We headed back Friday afternoon, and Saturday it was back to painting. While the guest bathroom was a fairly quick project, the master bathroom most definitely was not. Man, that room is a lot bigger than you think it is. It was pretty much an all-day, no-fun project. But I sure am glad it is done!







































This is just a picture of our pretty moulding. This is the one place in our entire house where the builder put up moulding.























The sole reason for the following picture is to point out that I had to paint all of this too (the ceiling in the shower and the entire "toilet room"). And I say "I" because Nick did not help me with either of these undertakings (though he was a huge help with painting the rest of the bathroom!).

















We will eventually install a above-the-toilet cabinet above this area some day:
























So this concludes my spring break. How was yours?

(p.s.: Read about all the fun decorative details of both bathrooms here and here.)



HOUSEography House Tour Link Party

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of fun stuff for one spring break! Thanks for linking up to my house tour party!

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com