Tuesday, November 30, 2010

She's a brick house...



















They put up the brick today! I am still getting used to it and trying to decide if I like it (I tend to overthink things, can you tell?). It is a bit darker than I expected, but I think I can live with it for the next 20 years :)

























They also painted, and this is something I am HUGELY relieved about. All summer I had in my head that I wanted to do a "white-on-white" type of color scheme. Ya know, something like this:

















Very trendy. Who would've ever thought white paint would feel so risky! I was worried that it would look like I was dull and boring and had no design-sense.























Immediately when I saw it today though, I knew it was the right choice! I love how the white of the trim and the white of the walls actually contrast against one another (just the look I was going for). Not every room is going to stay this color, but they wanted to charge $90 per room to paint them different colors, so I said 'I will do it myself, thank you very much.' Geez these builders sure do seem to be out to nickel-and-dime you!!


















The cabinets also arrived! I LOOOOVE my white kitchen cabinets with the glass. That was totally worth the extra money we paid. I don't regret spending that money at all. It is so "me!" The only thing I am regretting is that I had originally selected a very bright white (similar to the door trim), then I chickened out. I worried they might look cheap, so I changed to the more creamy white. Now I feel like the cabinets "clash" with the door trim. But I know it really isn't that noticeable to anyone but me (you probably can't even tell from the picture). And anyway, we will be painting the kitchen walls when we move in, so that will probably make them look whiter.



















I'm also really happy with the dark brown bathroom vanities. Can't wait to see how they look with their crisp white marble countertops!

And ya know, its the little things in life...like these bricks they added below the patio door...that just make all the difference :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com