Friday, February 18, 2011

Breakfast Nook

So now, here is a look at one of our major works-in-progress: the breakfast nook.
























I'll make a little list of all the things that will change in here:

1. Windows will get some major casing and moulding.

2. Will buy some roman shades...unfortunately these are not standard-size windows, so I have been dragging my feet on getting those specially ordered.

3. All the chairs will get cushions (see the one example?). I am modifying some cushions we already had from IKEA by sewing ties to go around the backs of the chairs. Another project I am dragging my feet on. I'm almost there, though.

4. We are going to put up board and batten wainscoting up to chair-rail height. Can't wait to do this! Its going to completely transform the space.

5. Want to replace the light fixture. Still going back and forth on what that light fixture will be. For some reason I am having trouble committing to one fixture.

One thing to mention about the breakfast nook: I really wanted some dark brown wicker chairs, like you see in the Pottery Barn catalog.























Of course, I tried to go the economical route, so I got these wicker chairs from IKEA and spray painted them brown. Now they give off the same vibe and were less than half the cost.
























Before
























After

Update: We've checked most those things off our list now! See the final reveal here

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh I LURVE the chairs! I want them, but my kitties would use them for scratching posts! Love the ideas... jumping over to see the final reveal!

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com