Sunday, April 24, 2011

This little light of mine

You may remember that I had debated between a couple of light fixture options for our front entry. Here were the top contenders:


































































You may also remember that I wrote that the Garden District mirrors I purchased for the mantle helped me solidify my lighting decision:
















So, any final guesses which one it will be as Nick takes down that awful builder-grade light? Anyone?
























And the winner is...
























The Eldridge Pendant from Ballard!

In the end, the first option (the lantern) felt a bit too heavy. I felt the Eldridge Pendant gave the same "old world lantern" vibe, but in a lighter, more modern way. I love the last option of the sphere fixture (in fact, I am pretty sure I am going to buy it for the front porch), but it just didn't seem to tie in as much with the space. I felt the iron on the Eldridge Pendant would compliment the iron on the mirrors, tying the living and entry spaces together.

























































Since I took these pictures I also have addressed the fan (pictured above). Just a simple (and cheap!) DIY project which modernized the fan's light shades. Hopefully I can get some pictures of that tomorrow and post it for you. You'll just have to wait and see.

So for tonight I will leave you with a little before-and-after:
Before:























After:

2 comments:

  1. Love it, Jen! Great choice and transformation. Chad is terrified of changing out lights (fear of the unknown), but I need to tell him to be brave and go for it. :-D Love the changes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick was terrified of changing lights too. Seriously, he was dreading it for months. Once he did it though he realized it really isn't too hard or complicated at all. Just make sure to turn off the electricity first!

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com