Sunday, May 29, 2011

Lighting changes everything

I am going out on a limb here and saying that this is probably my favorite change we've done to the house so far. That may not be fair to say, because the breakfast nook's board and batten and window shades and accessories and new wall art all have done their part. But it wasn't until we changed the lighting that it all really came together for me. 

























I got this light from Overstock.com. It looks identical to this Pottery Barn favorite. Seriously, identical. I have compared pictures over and over again, and everything matches up. Except the price. The Overstock light was over $100 cheaper! Score.

I am telling you, I squealed once we put this light up. It elevated the entire space and make everything look so very "Pottery Barn." Which, you know, is my ultimate design goal in everything I do, right? ;)

























We are getting so close to being "done" with all the details in the main living space (the entry/living room/kitchen/breakfast nook). The only thing left is to replace the two pendant lights above the bar and the kitchen light (both can be seen in the picture directly above, on the left).

I ordered the pendant lights yesterday (and got a GREAT deal on those too, which I will tell you about once they come in). Then my dad has promised to help us install recessed lighting for my birthday (June 25). I want to install four recessed lights in the kitchen area to replace that one big light.

Of course, I'll be sure to post all about that as it happens! But for now, I am just basking in the glory of my new light fixture, that I just love (By the way... I love the light fixture, if I hadn't mentioned it yet).

Oh and just for fun, a little before-and-after action for ya:


















We've come a long way, baby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com